It’s Grandparents’ Day today!
With COVID still being a big risk, especially to our elders and immunocompromised persons, it would be good to consider a socially-distanced virtual "get-together" instead.
Here are some quarantine-friendly and safe activities to celebrate this special day:
Schedule Frequent Calls (and Virtual Hugs!)
- Schedule frequent calls with your grandparents (not just on Grandparents’ Day!) and teach them how to use different apps (such as Zoom, FaceTime, Viber, etc.) on their smartphone and tablet.
- Share with them stories about how your week went and other topics to make you feel more connected despite the distance.
- Surely, Angkong and Ama miss their grandchildren, especially the younger ones. One way to bond during the pandemic is to schedule virtual story time.
- Send them your children’s favorite books and let them read to their grandchildren before bedtime or first thing in the morning.
Deliver Care Packages
- Homemade meals made by our Lolas and Lolos are the best, but since today is a special day, why not have their favorite meals delivered to them instead?
- You can send them care packages through delivery apps or even through a quick in-person hand-off (with adequate social distancing, of course!)
- The care package can include printed pictures of their apos, their favorite NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto coffee capsules, or perhaps small trinkets and gifts that you think they’ll love.
Do an Activity Together (Virtually)
- If there’s something this pandemic has taught us, it’s to be creative in looking for ways to connect to other people. So a virtual activity with your grandparents can be a good way to spend time together.
- Do you have a new recipe you want to try? Why not buy the same ingredients and cook virtually together.
- You can also watch a movie together.
Will you be doing any of these activities? Let us know by tagging us. However, at the end of the day, the most important thing is to let your lolas and lolos, amas and angkongs, grandmas and grandpas know how much you love and care for them.